Special Project Fund
A Special Project gives the donor the ability to designate the gift to one of the Pleasant View Nursing Home special projects selected by our Board Members. These projects are chosen by the Board to help enhance the quality of life for our residents.
For our residents at Pleasant View, it is important to make this home feel like their home. Having a Memory Box outside their room can help. It helps them remember their past and share it with others. It can also be a practical way to identify their room, making it distinct from other doorways.
A Memory Box is a glass-fronted case that mounts on the hallway wall next to a Resident room. It is secured with a key lock, and measures approximately 14” wide x 17” high x 3” deep. The resident can place cards, pictures, and special keepsakes inside. The cost to purchase one Memory Box is $100.
We are looking to fill our second floor hallways with Memory Boxes, one for each resident. As Mother’s Day and Father’s Day approach, we are asking for donations given in honor of or in memory of your loved one for this Special Project. Those names will be engraved on a plaque placed in the Friends of Pleasant View recognition corridor.
We invite you to give towards this Special Project in whatever way you can. No amount is too small, and every donation will help us reach our goal of providing something meaningful and useful for our residents. Every gift is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law through our membership in the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin. To make a gift donation, please follow the instructions below.
Current Special Project: MEMORY BOXES
Completed Special Projects include:
- Backyard Garden Beautification Project with wheel chair accessible planters
- IPADs for use in Life Enrichment activities
- Vertical Gardens for indoor/outdoor use
- MP3 Players for residents to listen to their favorite kind of music.
- Portable Coffee Carts with warming and cooling food stations
- Installation of a sidewalk from the Backyard Garden to Club 48
How do I give to Pleasant View’s Special Project Fund?
You may make a written donation in 2 easy steps:
- Print and complete the Donation Form.
- Mail the form with your donation to the Foundation.
You may make an online donation:
- Go to the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin website.
- Complete the information. Online Donation
Thank you for your contribution!